Pedro starts the round at the Palm Tree on the Island.
Each player starts the game with 4 stones. Each round, all players receive 12 cards. The 12 cards are 1,2,3 steps in each of the 4 directions.
The card shown above would move Pedro 3 spaces towards the mountains(top side of the board).
The Sombrero next to a player's name indicates that they are the start player this round.
Each turn, the players select a card to play simultaneously. Once all players select a card and click the OK button, Pedro is moved, starting with the start player's card.
If Pedro is moved over water, the player must place a stone on the board, if they have one, to prevent Pedro from falling into the water.
The Sombrero is moved to the next player, and another turn takes place.
The round ends when one of the following occurs:
- Pedro is moved off the board.
- Pedro hits a Piranha
- A player runs out of stones and Pedro moves on a water space without a stone.
When the round ends:
- The player who caused the round to end, clicks on any Piranha on the board, this is a penalty.
- All players return any unused stones to the supply.
- Pedro starts in the space before the one that ended the round.
- Players receieve new stones based upon the cards that remain in their hand. For each 1 step card they receive 1 stone, for every 2 2-step cards they receive 1 stone(rounded down). A player may receive a maximum of 6 stones.
A soon as a player receives a 2nd piranha, the game ends. That player loses and all other players win.
- If all players have no cards remaining, they all get all 12 cards back
- On Brettspielwelt there is an unlimited number of stones available in the supply(This is different from the board game).
In a 2 player game, the game is played until one player has 3 piranhas.
On each turn, the start player plays 2 cards and the other player plays 1. The card order is Start Player, other player, start player. When the start player clicks on a card, they will see the number 1 on it, then when they click another card, they will see a 2 on it. This indicates their first card played and their second card played